Who We Are
Colorado Preparatory Academy (CPA) uses the K12 curriculum to offer Colorado students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. CPA is Colorado's newest K12 partner school, offering a post-secondary preparedness program authorized by Colorado Digital Board of Cooperative Education Services (BOCES). CPA offers a challenging academic program featuring face-to-face direct instructional action, focused on student specific performance. With individualized learning approaches, Colorado Preparatory Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed--in school and beyond.
Colorado Preparatory Academy is one of the fastest growing schools in Colorado, and here's why:
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this mastery-based curriculum packages high-quality lessons with frequent assessments that ensure students are absorbing the material and concepts. Find out more about K12.
- Our experienced, highly qualified Colorado-certified teachers, who are connected to you and your student both online and by phone
- An academic program offering online and face-to-face instruction in a blended learning environment that ranges from mandatory instructional interventions to enrichment activities for gifted students
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where Colorado parents, students, and staff can socialize and share their experiences
- The high quality, tuition-free public education that enables a focused, customized learning experience for each student
Colorado Preparatory Academy (CPA), a high-quality, full-time innovative online/blended public school, will provide customized learning opportunities using research-based curriculum, quality technology applications, meaningful teacher/student/parent involvement and accountability, partnerships with post-secondary institutions, and engaging, individualized learning plans for all students.
CPA will be a leading 21st-century public school in Colorado and will improve student learning outcomes as evidenced by academic proficiency and growth, post-secondary readiness, and demonstration of 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and self-direction. With instruction individualized for each student, CPA will empower students to acquire the academic and life skills needed to succeed in post-secondary education and career opportunities.
CPA will serve the purposes of a public school:
- To improve pupil learning by creating more high-quality schools with high standards and accountability for performance
- To close achievement gaps between high-performing and low-performing groups of public school students, preparing them for post-secondary success
- To increase high-quality education opportunities within the public education system
- To create new professional opportunities for teachers and other school personnel
- To encourage the use of different, high-quality models of teaching and other aspects of schooling
- To provide students, parents, community members and local entities with expanded opportunities for involvement in the public education system