Who We Are
Colorado Preparatory Academy challenges students to achieve their potential with a personalized program of engaging courses, caring teachers, and a vibrant school community.
- Individualized Learning Plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Colorado-licensed teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum enriches and inspires.
- Honors and AP® courses, and college credit opportunities help fuel college ambitions.
- Field trips, social events, and clubs bring students together.
- Concurrent enrollment program lets qualified students earn college credits on select courses.
Colorado Preparatory Academy (CPA), a high-quality, full-time innovative online/blended public school, will provide customized learning opportunities using research-based curriculum, quality technology applications, meaningful teacher/student/parent involvement and accountability, partnerships with post-secondary institutions, and engaging, individualized learning plans for all students.
CPA will be a leading 21st-century public school in Colorado and will improve student learning outcomes as evidenced by academic proficiency and growth, post-secondary readiness, and demonstration of 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and self-direction. With instruction individualized for each student, CPA will empower students to acquire the academic and life skills needed to succeed in post-secondary education and career opportunities.
CPA will serve the purposes of a public school:
- To improve pupil learning by creating more high-quality schools with high standards and accountability for performance
- To close achievement gaps between high-performing and low-performing groups of public school students, preparing them for post-secondary success
- To increase high-quality education opportunities within the public education system
- To create new professional opportunities for teachers and other school personnel
- To encourage the use of different, high-quality models of teaching and other aspects of schooling
- To provide students, parents, community members and local entities with expanded opportunities for involvement in the public education system