About Our School
At Colorado Preparatory Academy (CPA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there’s an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with CPA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages CPA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
CPA at a Glance
Open to full-time Colorado residents in grades K–12
Personalized approach to education
Online and in-person academic and school support services
Honors, Advanced Placement®, and concurrent enrollment options
Career and college prep for grades 7–12
Adherence to required state testing
CPA will be a leading 21st-century public school in Colorado and will improve student learning outcomes as evidenced by academic proficiency and growth, post-secondary readiness, and demonstration of 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and self-direction. With learning personalized for each student, CPA will empower students to acquire the academic and life skills needed to succeed in post-secondary education and career opportunities.
CPA will serve the purposes of a public school:
- To improve pupil learning by creating standards and accountability for performance
- To close achievement gaps between high-performing and low-performing groups of public school students, preparing them for post-secondary success
- To increase quality education opportunities within the public education system
- To create new professional opportunities for teachers and other school personnel
- To encourage the use of different, high-quality models of teaching and other aspects of schooling
- To provide students, parents, community members and local entities with expanded opportunities for involvement in the public education system
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
ONLINE “CLASS CONNECT” SESSIONS
ONLINE AND IN-PERSON ACTIVITIES
You’ll also receive textbooks and other hands-on education materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.